Brink formed A R Brink & Associates in 1983 in order to provide the local South
African shipping Industry with a prompt, reliable and cost effective marine consultancy
and Surveying Service. the operation has grown from strength to strength and to date
conducts survey work not only for local South African clients but also for a large number
of world-wide Principals.
Growth of the client base and survey requirements resulted in John de Freitas joining the partnership in 1988. Professionalism and Report Presentation, coupled with direct marketing has resulted in A R Brink and Associates not only conducting consultancy and survey work for Shipowners, Charterers, Shipbrokers, Shippers, Exporters, Traders, Underwriters, Flag States, but also for a large number of Protection and Indemnity Associations. A R Brink & Associates has recently been appointed as a Correspondent for several of these P+I Club Associations.
The following is a brief outline of some of the various types of survey and consultancy work undertaken :
We also offer assistance to the Maritime Legal Fraternity, covering both commercial and technical areas.The partnership not only offers services throughout Southern Africa, but also has world-wide associations.
- Draught Surveys
- On and Off Hire Surveys
- Hatch and Tank Cleanliness Surveys
- Bunker Surveys
- Cargo Condition Surveys on behalf of Shippers, Receivers,
Vessel’s Owners or Charterers, Insurance Underwriters and P & I Clubs
- Ship’s Condition Surveys for P & I Clubs and/or Pre Purchase
- Ship Machinery/Failures/Hull damage and/or Repair Superintendence.
- Preparation/Modification of Ship Stability Data.
- Cargo Superintendence.
- Stability Calculations
- Bulk Sampling
- Bulk Liquid Surveys
- Cargo Measurement Surveys
- Lashing/Securing Surveys on General and Containerised Cargoes
- Container Condition Surveys
- Yacht Surveys
- Marine Project Management
- Underwater Hull Inspections and/or Cleaning Supervision.
- Ultrasonic testing of Hatch Covers for Watertight Integrity
- Flag State Annual Safety Inspections.
- Photographic Equipment – Conventional
(35mm), APS, Digital and Video
- Computers – Electronic Transmitting of
- Ultrasonic Hatch Testing Equipment (SDT
- Digital Thermometers
- The International Institute of Marine Surveyors (London).
- The Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and Ship Surveyors
- The Nautical Institute (London).
- The Royal Institute of Navigation (London).
- The London Maritime Arbitrators Association (Supporting Member).
- The Maritime Law Association of South Africa
- The Society of Master Mariners, South Africa
- The South African Institute of Marine Engineers and Naval Architects.
- The South African Institute of Shipbrokers
- The Durban Marine Insurance Association.
143 Maydon Road
|(+ 27 31) 206 1861
||(+ 27 31) 206 1860
Capt. Allen Brink :
|(+ 27 82) 551 7890
John Evans :
|(+ 27 82) 551 7891
Trevor Froude :
|(+ 27 82) 550 6011
Chris van Heerden:
|(+ 27 71) 683 3572